Skip to main content

Story so far.

Swear the world cup has me feeling some type of way, I really want Ghana to win , they play very well better than Nigeria and they deserve to go far in the tournament. I am Nigerian call me a traitor but theyway we played the last match me might be on the next flight home.
I don't know when I became a football fan , I guess that's what happen when you date some one who lives and breathes footie, I find myself checking up match times, looking up scores online when other are watching the t.v. I scream unnecessarily, my legs start making making moves I simply cannot explain , Football is indeed a beautiful game. This is not a football post, so what if it is ?


In other news, my weight loss is going well , slow but I am getting there , I am down 2kgs Hurray !!!. I've been eating a lot of crap in the last few weeks, so that explains why I lost just two 2kgs with the way I work out. I spend over an hour exercising, roughly 10 minutes on thighs, 10 on abs.I am seeing the results and that is motivating me to work harder, but I love food way too much to stop eating.

I made this mean chicken and mushroom pasta the other day, this is part of my plans to improve my cooking skill and also learn to cook dishes from other countries. I might do blog posta on them when after trying out a couple more Alfredo and mac&cheese are next on my list.

Results are out on Monday and for the first time since I started uni i'm not looking forward to getting mine back , my results this year is nothing to write home about and I can sense it, I'm just hoping and praying I only have to repeat Company Law. I can't remember if I did a post about it so I will just give you guys a brief. Company Law is like my worst law module, I don't have a genuine reason for not liking it, I don't attend the lectures but when I do I understand it very well . I lost a 20% assignment which I did not get the chance to repeat and during the exam I blanked out and could not remember anything. No I didn't cram, I knew for questions very well , I was present during their lectures, I just don't know what happened, so i made the decision to leave the exam hall after 40 minutes and come back for the repeat in July. Problem is repeat exams are capped at 40% if you get 100 you are only awarded 40. In other words I'm screwed!!!

I'm still getting used to the chromebook :
Thats all for now , Until next time
XXXXX
Ruqkayah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COURT EXTERNSHIP : Entry 1

I had plans for the two weeks break, had it all planned out in my head, study, work out, stay the F away from carbs and sugar. All I did was sleep, eat carbs and stock up on sugar, I feel like a failure, well not entirely but I'm the real definition of a waste man, Didn't realize how tired I was until I started taking naps during the day yet not finding it difficult to sleep at night. We started our externship . Yay! My posting got changed to Igbosere, got the email while I was in Ikeja High Court, I love criminal litigation, practicing in Nigeria doesn't look that bad. The Judge heard 16 cases, some which were for arraignment but the accused person's did not show up. It's a complete different ball game, been there watching everything we were thought in class being put into practice . Commercial is not as exciting as criminal but , I like the court. The judge hears cases on Land, landlord and tenant, general civil.  breach of contract and some corporate issues...

ESCAPE

"God will punish you', I shouted as I tried to chase the man who robbed me" "E no go better for you ', I am fighting a battle I know I’m not going to win, but I hate being cheated, I settled on the train tracks to catch my breath, a few minutes before the train passes. A small crowd  gathered the nosy bastards who have nothing better to do on a Monday morning, I look up from after a few minutes, I have no choice, a pair of over-bleached feet appeared beside me. The sight of someone's skin bearing a striking resemblance to over roasted plantain nearly made me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. "How far now? she asked putting her hands on my waist.

Down - Brymo

Music is something that brings people together , you might see someone you dislike yet you have the same taste in music.Over the years my taste in music is eclectic , I listen to anything that sounds good , however i fell in love with Nigerian artiste Brymo aka Olawale Ashimi , his music varies he gives you a taste of everything . Down is a song from his new album Merchants , Dealers and Slaves , the lyrics talk about corruption from the politicians , religion , and the people of the country and the interactions between them  he sings about what is going on down town , selfishness. If you ever want to take a break from booty shaking music Brymo is the man to listen  to , you will find your self moving your head to the rhythm of the song . You do not have to be Nigerian to listen .   Enjoy !!! Happy Christmas