Skip to main content

QUICK LIFE UPDATE

Hi guys,
How are you doing?
Life is being a bitch lately, I'm sitting home, unemployed, broke and gaining mad weight. YAY!!!

My last post was about quitting my job which I did in the last week of November, I hopped on a plane the day after to spend a month in Lagos. Was super excited to see my boyfriend, had plans to attend concerts and slay the entire month.

The big man upstairs was probably rolling around laughing at what he and the universe had planned for me.
Spent the first night at my boyfriends, left the next morning to get my hair and nails done, finished and the man picked me up from mine, we talked about where to go for my birthday. Twenty minutes after making birthday plans, we stepped out of the car for groceries at the supermarket and a rental truck came out of nowhere and pinned us against two parked cars.

We were stuck between the cars for a few minutes before people were able to move the truck, that was the scariest moment of my life, my life flashed before my eyes and I was hearing my man scream. I didn't know how bad the damage was but I knew his leg was broken. I tried to hold it when we were free and the second I realised how bad it was I could not control the tears, we went to a hospital with the help of a couple who we later found out owned the rental company.

 The doctor at the hospital gave him injections for the pain, packed the leg and sent us to the orthopaedic hospital. I heard stories about the hospital when I was younger and I started freaking out.

We got to the hospital and spent almost 3 hours waiting outside before he was wheeled in, the cut under his leg was stitched up and he was sent to have an x-ray. We were at the hospital for almost six hours. I went home to rest and was up at 6am the next morning, the hospital was twenty minutes drive from my house. On arrival, I got more information, he would need surgery and would have to wait 7 days since there was a waiting list. We were transferred to the ward. we opted for a private room since I wanted to stay with him. We spent 24 days in the hospital and he was discharged on the 23rd of December we returned on Christmas day to take out the stitches.

My injuries were minor, minor tissue damage to my shoulder, a sprained ankle and a small cut at my thigh.  I still get flashbacks of the accident, the first two weeks after the accident, I would sit, then images of the crash will cloud my vision the tears were uncontrollable. I don't cry anymore but the flashbacks still occur.

I definitely lost faith after the accident and did not pray for weeks, I prayed maybe three times my entire stay in Lagos. 

I extended my ticket for 6 weeks so he can get stronger, I didn't feel comfortable leaving him.  We attended two of his post-op appointments together. This caused a lot of fights because he had to depend on me for almost everything and we never spent that much time with each other so there was a lot of bruised egos.

I'm back in Dublin after spending 11 weeks in Lagos, I'm currently searching for work, I can't sit my exams as planned since I didn't get to study.
I'm praying again.

I do not regret quitting my job because it made me miserable and was sucking the joy out of my life. I am learning French with the help of an app called Duolingo and I'm loving it.


XXXX
L.D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops