Skip to main content

Cheers.


I started drinking again, It wasn't planned, I was meeting up with my oldest friend for birthday drinks and some gossip, on a normal day I would've ordered  a virgin cocktail, a juice or coke but when the waiter came I ordered a strawberry daiquiri without thinking.

It was lush, first taste of alcohol in a year and three months and it was beautiful, I didn't feel guilty after, my decision to stop drinking was random I woke up one morning and decided to stop drinking and any
time I was offered alcohol I declined with a smile on my face proud of my decision.
Different types of questions follow;

' Why don't you drink?',
'Were you an alcoholic ?',
'Just one glass?', this is the most annoying one.
' Is it for religious purpose ?',

I don't know, I woke up one morning and decided not to drink anymore, get used to it and stop offering me what I don't want. It fun going out and seeing how drunk my friends get, the shouting, the arguments, the fights and the apologies after the night out one a good day we get a few falls may be a hookup and I'm like you are all crazy this is why I stay sober.

Am I going to drink again?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
I might.
I think I will.
I really do not know.

But cheers to that anyway.

XXXX
L.D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COURT EXTERNSHIP : Entry 1

I had plans for the two weeks break, had it all planned out in my head, study, work out, stay the F away from carbs and sugar. All I did was sleep, eat carbs and stock up on sugar, I feel like a failure, well not entirely but I'm the real definition of a waste man, Didn't realize how tired I was until I started taking naps during the day yet not finding it difficult to sleep at night. We started our externship . Yay! My posting got changed to Igbosere, got the email while I was in Ikeja High Court, I love criminal litigation, practicing in Nigeria doesn't look that bad. The Judge heard 16 cases, some which were for arraignment but the accused person's did not show up. It's a complete different ball game, been there watching everything we were thought in class being put into practice . Commercial is not as exciting as criminal but , I like the court. The judge hears cases on Land, landlord and tenant, general civil.  breach of contract and some corporate issues...

ESCAPE

"God will punish you', I shouted as I tried to chase the man who robbed me" "E no go better for you ', I am fighting a battle I know I’m not going to win, but I hate being cheated, I settled on the train tracks to catch my breath, a few minutes before the train passes. A small crowd  gathered the nosy bastards who have nothing better to do on a Monday morning, I look up from after a few minutes, I have no choice, a pair of over-bleached feet appeared beside me. The sight of someone's skin bearing a striking resemblance to over roasted plantain nearly made me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. "How far now? she asked putting her hands on my waist.

Down - Brymo

Music is something that brings people together , you might see someone you dislike yet you have the same taste in music.Over the years my taste in music is eclectic , I listen to anything that sounds good , however i fell in love with Nigerian artiste Brymo aka Olawale Ashimi , his music varies he gives you a taste of everything . Down is a song from his new album Merchants , Dealers and Slaves , the lyrics talk about corruption from the politicians , religion , and the people of the country and the interactions between them  he sings about what is going on down town , selfishness. If you ever want to take a break from booty shaking music Brymo is the man to listen  to , you will find your self moving your head to the rhythm of the song . You do not have to be Nigerian to listen .   Enjoy !!! Happy Christmas