Skip to main content

I Love Lagos.

Don't really know how to start this post so I'm just going to dive in, a few days after my last post my brothers friend borrowed my laptop to charge his phone due to the power cut, my brother left for London the day after locking my laptop in his room and leaving the keys to his apartment with my other brother who I barely see.
Got my laptop back a few days ago, but the internet has been really crappy since I connect to the hotspot on my phone, still can't afford to spare change to get proper WiFi. 

Good news !!!
Finally passed my exam. Yay!!! Took me two months to check my result, but I finally did and I'm very excited can't wait to start final year, the year off was well worth it. 
Lagos has been good to me so far, but not good to my car I take 20 per cents of the blame, I'm a bit of a rough rider and I'm still adjusting to the craziness. 

Lagos has  not been good to my skin, especially my face, I always develop a rash when I'm in Lagos and it gets really itchy and annoying when I'm in the sun.
 I've tried several products and I feel the urge to tell people to F off when  they ask me what's wrong with my face. I think its so rude just to ask someone that type of question I would never ask such, I expect you to look away and pretend you didn't see anything. 
Excuse me for saying this but Lagos is the headquarters of the devil, I find it so hard to pray when I'm in Lagos. 
I've attended three weddings so far and all I can say is I don't know how people do the owambe thing every weekend , personally I find it very exhausting I'll do a full post just to rant about Nigerian weddings. 
I really don't have much to say, feeling sleepy had a long boring day. 
Will be back before you know it 

XXXX
L.D

Comments

  1. Seems like you are having great fun. Have a wonderful month and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COURT EXTERNSHIP : Entry 1

I had plans for the two weeks break, had it all planned out in my head, study, work out, stay the F away from carbs and sugar. All I did was sleep, eat carbs and stock up on sugar, I feel like a failure, well not entirely but I'm the real definition of a waste man, Didn't realize how tired I was until I started taking naps during the day yet not finding it difficult to sleep at night. We started our externship . Yay! My posting got changed to Igbosere, got the email while I was in Ikeja High Court, I love criminal litigation, practicing in Nigeria doesn't look that bad. The Judge heard 16 cases, some which were for arraignment but the accused person's did not show up. It's a complete different ball game, been there watching everything we were thought in class being put into practice . Commercial is not as exciting as criminal but , I like the court. The judge hears cases on Land, landlord and tenant, general civil.  breach of contract and some corporate issues...

ESCAPE

"God will punish you', I shouted as I tried to chase the man who robbed me" "E no go better for you ', I am fighting a battle I know I’m not going to win, but I hate being cheated, I settled on the train tracks to catch my breath, a few minutes before the train passes. A small crowd  gathered the nosy bastards who have nothing better to do on a Monday morning, I look up from after a few minutes, I have no choice, a pair of over-bleached feet appeared beside me. The sight of someone's skin bearing a striking resemblance to over roasted plantain nearly made me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. "How far now? she asked putting her hands on my waist.

Down - Brymo

Music is something that brings people together , you might see someone you dislike yet you have the same taste in music.Over the years my taste in music is eclectic , I listen to anything that sounds good , however i fell in love with Nigerian artiste Brymo aka Olawale Ashimi , his music varies he gives you a taste of everything . Down is a song from his new album Merchants , Dealers and Slaves , the lyrics talk about corruption from the politicians , religion , and the people of the country and the interactions between them  he sings about what is going on down town , selfishness. If you ever want to take a break from booty shaking music Brymo is the man to listen  to , you will find your self moving your head to the rhythm of the song . You do not have to be Nigerian to listen .   Enjoy !!! Happy Christmas