Skip to main content

EARNING AND SPENDING

Hi guys,
I have been so busy with work I don't have a personal life anymore. My life now works in a cycle, go to work, work out when I'm not too tired, go home, eat, pray and sleep. A lot of people complain about not having a life when they start working and it heartbreaking that this is becoming my reality.

 I was very excited when I got the job six months ago, it was exciting to work in a fun environment, however, everything is different now and I can't wait to get a new job. I won't say I hate or dislike my job, it is simply what I do for money because adults need money to survive.

Been a qualified professional in my field, I am underpaid at my current job but I was more than happy to take it at the time because I was unhappy and almost in the state of depression. I also needed to make money, I had no money of my own. I applied to several law firms offices on arrival to the county but no one wanted to hire someone with a pass grade and no FE1. Therefore been offered that amount of money for my first job was exciting and I thought I hit the jackpot.

Back to the main gist and the reason for this post, my spending habits.

I can't remember if I've discussed my bad spending habits on previous posts, but I have a problem when it comes to spending money. The second I know I'm getting paid all I want to do is spend it, I am finally able to afford things without asking my parents for money.
I'm getting my seventh payment on Friday and I have not saved a cent, I spent a lot on buying myself things, two flight tickets to Lagos to see the boo, gifts, and money for family members, gold, a new laptop, beats by Dre and also giving out money to family and friends.

Looking back at it at it I shouldn't have bought most of the things I did but the excitement of earning money got into my head and I found my self wait for the next payday.

I'm trying my best to be better with money but something always comes up, but I'm learning to separate my needs from my wants. Do I really need that DKNY handbag or will I be fine with one from Aldo?  I tell myself I work therefore there is no need to be stingy to myself after all the next payday is around the corner.

I also got a piggy bank months ago and didn't put anything in it until this week, had thirty-five euros in my wallet and I put it all in without thinking.
I have a new plan to save money and I seriously hope it works, the plan is to give myself a certain amount of money every week for food and other expenses, whatever is left over at the end of the weeks goes to my piggy bank which is not to be opened until the end of summer for my next holiday. This is going to be very hard to do because the Christmas sales are coming up so I'm giving myself a certain amount to spend shopping and buying gifts for my next holiday. Hopefully it works.

XXXX
LD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops