Skip to main content

I GOT A JOB!

Hi guys,
I finally got a job, after eight weeks of trying and over a hundred online applications.
I spent a lot of time applying for legal jobs and kept getting turned down, this affected my morale, after a while, I gave up on finding a legal job and switched to finding an entry level job that will put money in my account and also keep me busy.

I got an email from a company scheduling a phone interview which went well until I was turned down at the third stage. This really got to me as they made me feel I was going to get the job, I had my hopes up and stopped searching for other jobs.
BIG MISTAKE !

After I got the rejection email, I picked myself up and went to turn up at a wedding, I ended up spending the night beside an acquaintance from college who told me about the company where he works and also informed me that they are always recruiting. He sent me the links on Monday and I got a call on Tuesday asking me to come in for an interview on Thursday of the next week, which was three days ago.
The interview went really well, and I was offered the job an hour after the meeting, at that moment I felt a huge weight off my shoulders, first thing I did was text my boyfriend who has been a sport the entire time.

My start date is June and I am very excited, the company seems like a great one. How ever its not a nine to five job so I'm a bit skeptical on how I am going to adapt once the shifts start.
There is also no strict dress code, anything that involves casual dressing has me sold.

Just wanted to update you guys on whats going on about my job search.

My younger sister who I did a post on has been in the hospital and the doctors do not have good news, so I am depending on my faith and prayers for her to get better.
Hopefully I start writing short stories soon.
I am very excited for Ramadan this year, no boyfriend to distract me, this is going to be my best one so far.

XXXX
L.D 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops