Skip to main content

12 HOURS TILL 2016

Happy new year guys, hope this new year comes with blessings.
I had a very long new year's eve, not my traditional new years eve but a good one, I decided to go see my friend in Liverpool since I was in London and I didn't see him in a few weeks. Ticket booked Leave at 12:07 and return with the 18:47 train to be back in time to pray for crossover.

This trip was planned in less than ten hours since spontaneous worked for us and planning seems to mess thing up its better without the planning and excitement.
I got to the train station thirty minutes early, myself and bestie have a history of missing trains but I had it all planned out, the train ride was smooth and I was hoping to catch up on sleep during the ride since I didn't sleep all night. Thanks, Insomnia!!!

There were three deaf people on the train, it was weird hearing them talk even thought they used sign language, their speech was slurred and they were really loud.
Weird right?
Noisy deaf people, I was surprised and I found myself pausing my music to listen to them.

Forty minutes before we arrived at out destination the loudest one started up a conversation with me and the person beside me, she was really funny, next thing I knew I was putting my phone and earphones in my bag having a proper conversation with a deaf lady with hearing aid without the use of sign language.
Amazing right? The smallest things in the world fascinate me.

She made jokes about ' Going back and never going black' and how she was seeing a black guy but his package was too big, her facial expressions were out of this world and she has nasty jokes. Next thing I knew I was playing UNO with 4 strangers I didn't even say Hi to when I got on the train, to make things interesting we had to take shots of wine from the bottle after certain cards were dropped.

 I previously watched in disgust as they back washed into the wine bottle, I silently prayed not to get power cards, before I knew it I was taking shots of back washed wine, the rest of the ride was great fun and I wished she talked to me earlier, but she said I looked like a snob and didn't know how I would react. I'm not the type of person to make the first move, but once that move is made we get along well.

We took selfies, but I was too shy to take pictures, we added each other up on facebook and parted ways.
I smiled till I met up with bestie and chilled for a few hours, we left the house thirty-seven minutes before the train was due and two minutes before we got to the station he took a wrong turn and that was the beginning of several wrong turns.
 I ended up missing my train , the next train was going to take four hours since he was going to Leeds to spend time with his family I decided to get the train from there so I could get home early, turned out the train from Leeds would take twelve hours, so we started looking for other stations. I ended up getting the train from Aston Bridge to Birmingham to Northampton to Euston which took four hours and twenty-one minutes a two-hour journey doubled because of a wrong turn. He drove like a man to get me to the station.

I was getting scarred few hours to a new year and this is happening.
What was meant to happen?
We got to the station a minute before the train was due, I ran faster than Usain Bolt, yes my 90kg+ body can run when it's necessary.
I met another on the bus who missed the train and had to make the same journey I did, turned out she didn't have enough money to get a new ticket. I was more than happy to part with my last ten pounds. She was really happy, she blessed the money and prayed turned out she was a gospel singer.
I lost her in Birmingham but ended up on the same train with her in Euston, her face lit up when she saw me, It felt great seeing her smile.

I was on the train when the clock struck twelve, with drunk strangers shouting happy new year and shaking hands, but I was happy to be alive, this was a complete change to my stay at home during the cross over surrounded by your loved ones.
I have a mental new years resolution but since I never follow them, I'm saying F it. Let's see what 2016 has in stock without expecting too much.
How was your New Year Eve?
Do you have any New Years traditions?
Happy New Year!!!!

XXXX
L.D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

ESCAPE

"God will punish you', I shouted as I tried to chase the man who robbed me" "E no go better for you ', I am fighting a battle I know I’m not going to win, but I hate being cheated, I settled on the train tracks to catch my breath, a few minutes before the train passes. A small crowd  gathered the nosy bastards who have nothing better to do on a Monday morning, I look up from after a few minutes, I have no choice, a pair of over-bleached feet appeared beside me. The sight of someone's skin bearing a striking resemblance to over roasted plantain nearly made me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. "How far now? she asked putting her hands on my waist.