Skip to main content

In Our Midst.


Boom!!! The sound of shattered glass and people screaming rang through his ears like music, he looked around and saw nothing but dust, rubble's and broken pieces of cement on the floor, looking around he saw a lady crouched in foetal position, she looked like she was trying to protect something from getting harmed in the explosion, a large rock dropped from d celling hitting the lady and causing her to roll over.
He noticed a baby covered in blood, the lady had given up her life to shield her baby from harm. He approached the baby, and noticed the baby couldn't be older than six months old, people soon began to regain their consciousness and those who were not alone started to look for their friends and family in in the remains of the building , the baby soon began to cry but no one paid attention to her .

He put his hands around her and slowly lifted her up , he noticed blood started to fall onto the baby’s cloth and it took him a while to realise the blood was his , he had a gash going from his right brow to the tip of his right ear, he put the baby down, taking out a handkerchief from his back pocket , he proceeded to wipe the cut , but the fluid continued to ooze, he gave up and picked the baby, as he did this his eyes scanned the room.
People were running around screaming, turning bodies around hoping it was their friend of family , a wave of joy and disappointment came on their face when they saw that the faces they were seeing didn't belong to someone they knew, the ones that had found bodies began to shake them and asking and begging for the person to wake up .
A man looking upon the decapitated body of lady flabbergasted, he looked like his soul had left his body, the man showed no remorse and was still like a statue, Adam couldn't decide the man’s relation to the decapitated lady, looking at his finger he noticed he had no wedding ring but the lady had an engagement ring on her ring finger, her remains was covered by blood and dust.
He turned around to pay attention to the baby who had stated to cry but no one paid attention , the screams of a child was the least of their trouble. 
" We need to get out of here before people start showing up" Adam said to the baby who he was sure could not hear him.
The security guard that held the door opened for him on his way in, was still sitting on the chair, he had a piece of glass lodged in his torso, the baby looked at the security with a blank stare, he covered her face with his hands this was enough horror to last an adult a life time not to talk of a child.
When he got outside he saw spectators looking at the remains of the building in awe, some held their hands over their mouth, other had their hands on their head in pity, bodies were beginning to pile up at the entrance of the building, there was no police or ambulance vehicle in sight .
It was up to the spectators to find the survivors and try and prevent them from giving up as ghosts. He walked and crossed to the other side of the road, he saw that half the building was damaged, all in the name of Jihad, a restaurant has turned into a mass grave, he felt a felt happy smiling at his accomplishment, keeping the baby as a souvenir, his first job had been a success and he looked into a future of more thrill. Mouthing the word Boko Haram he turned his back to the scene and made his way home, this was his first mission and also his initiation into the terrorist group.
Halting to get a bike at the end of the road at this point he couldn't see or hear any of the commotion going on in the newly blown apart building, he contemplated what he was going to do with the child during the journey home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops