Skip to main content

Bacteria Vaginosis.

Sometimes I wish my blog was anonymous so I can post personal thing, I think about the things I post and I worry if I post things I shouldn't, I do not know most of my readers but it will be nice for some of you to drop comments. Yes to the aim of the post it to discuss something i've been battling for a while , it started four years ago when  I was 16.

Bacteria Vaginosis a bacteria infection in you know where " the land down under " ,  the first symptom was a fishy smell which was really disgusting and embarrassing, I wasn't sure what it was so  I kept it to myself and just increased the amount of times I washed the 'VAG' not knowing that made it worse. I went to the GP who prescribed drugs and it disappeared within a few days and me been the type of person I am , I stopped using the medication .


Fast forward to a year after my smelly friend came back for a visit, and off the doctors I went , and the cycle continued till date, visits to the doctor became frequent, almost every two months from antibiotics to lotions to gels you name it but my friend refused to go.

In the last year I've had three swabs done all coming out clean I really do not know why this thing keeps coming back, I stopped using perfumed soap, from what the nurse told me B.V can occur from too much douching. How can washing make my Vag smell ? I use luke warm water , I dry up.

It a really embarrassing thing to deal with, I remember laughing at a girl in College calling her Tolu Titus because she smells like fish, but the babe was just dirty abeg, so I wonder what people say about me when I'm not there. I nearly fainted when one of the guys in college made a comment about smelling fish, I immediatley left the room and went to clean up in the bathroom and discarded my underwear. I also avoid opening my legs in public , but sometimes I think I'm just overreacting, it is a medical condition but how many people do I have to explain that too ?

How to Avoid B.V :

  • Avoid over washing. 
  • Use non perfumed soap ( Dove or Simple ).
  • Use luke warm water.
  • Wear cotton underwear.
  • Avoid tight trousers. 
Do not mistake B.V for an STI , I was scared to get a swab done for months even though I knew I was Clean.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

ESCAPE

"God will punish you', I shouted as I tried to chase the man who robbed me" "E no go better for you ', I am fighting a battle I know I’m not going to win, but I hate being cheated, I settled on the train tracks to catch my breath, a few minutes before the train passes. A small crowd  gathered the nosy bastards who have nothing better to do on a Monday morning, I look up from after a few minutes, I have no choice, a pair of over-bleached feet appeared beside me. The sight of someone's skin bearing a striking resemblance to over roasted plantain nearly made me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. "How far now? she asked putting her hands on my waist.