Skip to main content

WHAT IT TAKES : 2

                                                             2.

"Your assignment is due next Monday, do not forget to submit on the portal before midnight,"  said professor Greene before walking out of the lecture hall.
Lola waited for her equity lecturer to leave before she took down the bullet points from the whiteboard, nothing distracts her during class, listen and take notes later has always been her motto. Her coursemates know not to disturb her during lectures, it took her ignoring five people before they got they understood.
The lecture hall is almost empty when she is ready to leave.

 It's ten past five and her appointment in Swords for is eight. In order to save time, she wore her red 24" wig to college, hidden under a scarf. She layed the edges with Got2b glue the night before. It took thirty minutes to brush, comb, lay and blow-dry the frontal before tying a silk scarf.
Her client tonight is one of the special ones who have a thing for black women with red hair.
WTF right?


He is an illustrator and who created a "Lady Red " a black female superhero with long straight red hair which stops just beneath her bottom, her costume matches her hair and the only difference is the colour of her skin which makes the red look fabulous. Her special powers are activated when she lets her hair down.
He created her for a comic and when the publishers decided to go with another character, he kept her for himself.
She started talking to him on Daddy4U a few months ago, he told her exactly what he wanted and promised to reward her greatly if she came close to making his fantasy a reality.
Crazy right?
Different strokes for different folks.
She went onto Ali express the next and carefully looked for the perfect shade of weave to match the picture he sent her. The hair arrived ten days after she placed the order and took another five days to make it into a wig. She sent him a picture of her wearing it and the weirdo could not hide his excitement, he sent her triple the amount the wig cost.
Seeing how excited he was from the picture, she spent an hour walking from one store to another in order to find an outfit similar to Lady Red. She found a red bandeau in New Look, a red leather skirt in Top Shop and red fishnet tights in Penneys. Days after she got the outfit, she found second-hand boots on eBay which cost less than the shipping price.

She nearly died from laughter when she looked at herself in the mirror, she looked like a cephalexin capsule.
She sent him five pictures the next day, he rewarded her with three hundred euros via pay pal.
The journey from her college to her apartment in Smithfield takes forty minutes, the bus to Rialto and the Luas to Smithfield from there. She runs up to the third floor where the two-bedroom apartment she shares with a medical student from Malaysia, although they both have different lifestyles both ladies have a connection.

She reties the scarf and put a waterproof bonnet on it before stepping into the shower, singing Wizkid on top of her lungs, she lathered her body with shower gell before letting the hot water soothe her body.
It takes an hour to finish straightening her hair and doing a light makeup look, which she finishes off with a quick touch of NYX cinnamon roll lipgloss to match that of the character she is attempting to bring to life.
Satisfied with her appearance in the floor-length mirror, she takes a look at a quick picture for her profile.
"Perfect"

Thirty minutes to go.
She orders for a taxi on an online app, there is no way she is using public transport looking like a comic con attendee's and not wanting to risk running into anyone who will question her appearance.
After all, she is the president of the African society.
It takes the taxi thirty-five minutes to get o the North side of Dublin where Callum, her client for the next two hours lives, she is not sure what the arrangement entails, he simply asked her to show up in costume and she is doing just that.
Having a sugar daddy takes a lot of patience, selflessness and is very time consuming, it is also very important not to get to attached to clients as most of them already have a family and a life outside their weird desires and fetishes.
No one wants a crazy bitch.

The taxi stops just by the driveway of the detached house, the house itself it a few seconds away from the gate, there are three cars in front of the house which is very weird became he mentioned been single and also having no housemates.
Why does a single man have or need three luxury vehicles?
She sends him a quick text informing him of her arrival.
The door opens almost immediately after she hit send.
"Wow, wow, wow "
" Welcome, Lady Red"
Another roleplay, she thought to her self.
"Hi Callum"

The gate swings open after he does something on his iPhone. He is a very attractive man in his thirties, she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek before following his lead into the house.
They walk through the hall towards a room at the back.
She takes her phone out of her pocket, turns on the location and sends it to Benjamin on Whatsapp.
The living room is white with brown furniture, they have company, three men grinning from ear to ear.
"Would you like anything to drink ?"
" A glass of prosecco please"
"Gotcha", the one in Nike tracksuit replies speeding out of the room.
"Can I take your coat?" asks another.
She unbelts her trench coat and hands it to him.
Callum returns to the room holding a magazine in one hand and ropes in another.
" I want you to act out this scene".
"A rescue mission".
" Hope you don't mind me inviting my friend?"
"Not at all, the more the merrier," she says without looking up from the magazine.

After two hours of doing the same thing and several rounds of applause after, Callum follows her to the taxi parked outside the gate, he hands her ten fifty euro notes before giving her a quick kiss on the cheeks.
She made eight hundred euros, a gift of a hundred from each of the audience.
Not bad for two hours of running around in a silly costume, tying and untying a grown man pretending to save his life whilst three others watched as is they didn't see her do it ten times already.

She goes through the Inis website on the ride home, she has a month left on her GNIB card.
 She enters a quick reminder on her phone to pick up her attendance which will be ready in a few days, attendance is needed to renew her student visa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops