Skip to main content

More Than A Friend.

Do you have that a male friend you feel so close to?
So close you tell him everything, yes everything, well almost everything.
But then you decide to mix pleasure, then it all starts to go south, and you miss your friend so much you wonder if the pleasure was worth it, you have no one to complain to, annoy, no one to laugh at your jokes the way he does, no one to call you Ode ( fool ). You try your best to make sure you talk daily without coming across as desperate  because desperation is not your thing, you just miss your best friend and you wonder if it is really worth losing a friend.


You are in love with him, you have been since the third day you started talking, Its almost four years, the six months you dated for without been intimate was great and emotional, but It didn't work and friendship was the next option.
The feelings were always there, but you quashed it, he inspired you and made you want more out of life.
Then you text him randomly telling him about your plans to travel, turns out he was leaving the day after you and you were both going to be in Lagos. What a coincidence?

The first meeting was fun, didn't seem like the first time seeing him, didn't feel different from chatting. You spent more time together then it happened, It wasn't expected. You didn't think he saw you that way, but it was great, then it happened again, like the first time it wasn't planned you dared him.
It was great and you both continued your friendship like nothing happened, you talked about a possible future together.

But then it happened again, it was planned partially this time, you knew you were going to see him but didn't know it was soon. Your conversation lost zeal almost immediately after some days better than others, but then you were making plans for another visit 3 nights this time.
Was that a mistake?
You barely talked since you got back and when you do it is not the same.
Good friends do not mean great lovers.
You miss your best friend, nothing is worth it, well its worth it but the friendship is way better.
XXXX
L.D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops