Skip to main content

Letter to the future.

Dear future me,
          A few years from now you will be a greater, stronger woman than you are now, a wife to a man who deserves, respects you, who understands your craziness, a mother to beautiful kids Awwal and Amal not twins. God no!
Most importantly you will have a career, one you love, one you will feel happy to have every morning that alarm rings. we know that is not the reality but a job of your passion, after years of confusion you would have finally settled for one.

       Do not settle to be a housewife that's so not you, do not get blinded by love or the idea of love that strays you away from your potential and what you have to share with the world. Do not waste away over pots of efo riro, mop sticks and school runs. It will drive you insane and you know it, a man that can not support and invest in your dreams is not worth your while. Stay Away !!!


        If and when the money starts coming in, maybe more than you need, do not let that change you and the plans you had stay humble and buy as many shoes and bags you want, a girl can never have too much of that.
Do not make the mistake everyone else makes, building huge mansions, build a home, somewhere you can be happy with your family, it's not about the number of rooms or bathrooms, you can't use more than one of it at the same time. But a big kitchen is permitted since you love cooking and the bigger it is the better.

      Invest money in business and make your dream come true, build that halfway house. help other women in need, help those who made mistakes or have chosen the wrong path find themselves because you know what it's like to feel lost and alone trapped in your own thoughts.

Get closer to God, he is the only one that can save you, to whatever it is you can to be a good Muslim, pray, fast help other and follow other teachings of the holy book.

The future seems so far away, but it is a lot closer than you think.
Remember when you were 10, how long ago was that? Then the future looked so far ahead, the present was the future then and now there is another future, enjoy every moment as you embark on the journey towards it.
Your Faithfully,
Your present Self.

XXXXX
L.D

Comments

  1. I thought that was a lovely letter, and very vivid. Sounds like something we all should do, as a reminder. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Indecent Dressing.

I've always wondered how women can walk around looking almost naked yet feeling comfortable with it. I've never been one for going out with skimpy clothes, I do have some skirts and dresses that are above the knees, but they stay unworn in the back of the wardrobe, I wore a very questionable leather peplum to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable, had to pull it down ever time I stood up , and when It was my turn to go get drinks my brothers friend took a look at me and told me to sit down.  I was embarrassed, but I turned a lot of heads, when we switched locations to Waterside I had a guy wait for me outside the toilet since he couldn't approach me in from of the two intimidating men I was with. He offered to take me out clubbing and I blamed it on the skirt because I was dressed like I belonged in a club.

I PICKED UP THE HIJAB

 I'm slowly transitioning from a cleavage bearing, alcohol sipping Muslim woman to a full-time hijabi.  Where do I start from? I've always wanted to be a hijabi but I didn't have the courage to do it, I admired Muslim women in their scarves and hijab, I gave it a go in Uni, tied a turban for a few weeks and I got bored and ditched it.  Told myself I will pick it up when I get married, I still need enough time to flaunt my locs, bare my chest and wear dresses with slits going above my knees.  I enjoyed sipping cocktails, drinking champagne and mostly Jack Daniels and coke, I quit alcohol a few times, the longest I went without alcohol was 12 months. I'm not an alcoholic, I go months without drinking on the regs,. especially when I'm in Dublin, but I need booze to survive in Lagos. A few shots once I get home from the airport, then Star Radler or Snapp before noon, this continues until I leave the city.  My motto was " I can't be sober in Lagos". 

RAMEN IS NOT FOR ME.

 Do not believe what you see on the internet... Fighting for my life as type this, by fighting for my life, I mean my stomach and mouth are on fire.  My nose is running and I'm screaming for pain.  Why ????????????????   Two nights ago I saw a tweet where someone was hyping how delicious Ramen is and how it is way better than Indomine.  Curiosity killed the cat they said, well I am a 94kg, 5'2 26 years old cat in human form.  I jumped on Amazon, checked out a few brands, picked one, during my quest of finding the one with the cheapest shipping, I accidentally subscribed for Prime... Oops